Terms and Conditions
1. It ought to be noted that these terms and conditions do supersede all/any previous terms and conditions in relation to this scheme.
2. Subject to compliance with all the terms of this Agreement, First Legal Solicitors will, at their discretion, pay you a fee for recommending clients to the law firm.
3. The fee will be –
(a) £400.00 in relation to road traffic accidents, accidents at work, accidents abroad, slip and trips;
(b) £50.00 in relation to cases arising from Housing Disrepair Issues and Tenancy Deposit issues.
The aforementioned sums may be amended from time to time without notice at the absolute discretion of First Legal Solicitors
4. The fee will only be paid in cases which are accepted by the firm.
5. Regarding personal injury cases, please note that no fee shall be payable to you until 28 days after –
(a) an unequivocal admission of liability (both negligence and causation) has been made in respect of the client’s claim by the at fault’s insurers and,
(b) if applicable, payment of the Stage 1 fee under the Ministry of Justice Claims Portal scheme has been received by First Legal Solicitors.
6. The client must contact First Legal Solicitors directly, either by telephoning our office or calling into our offices. PLEASE NOTE we are prohibited by law from making payment if you supply the client details to us.
7. You are an individual established client of the firm and are not acting in the course of any business when making a recommendation. You are not involved in claims management. The scheme applies to your own personal friends and family.
8. You will not recommend any clients to us who have been identified by your advertising, or producing any publicity in relation to, First Legal Solicitors and you must not and will not cold call potential clients.
9. First Legal Solicitors will accept a maximum of four recommendations from you in any 12 month period.
10. First Legal Solicitors advice to any recommended client will be impartial and not influenced by the recommendation from you. First Legal Solicitors have an absolute duty of confidentiality which prevents us from providing you with any information relating to clients, including those whom you have recommended to use our services.
11. First Legal Solicitors have a duty to inform those you have recommended to use our services that a fee has been paid to you.
12. You agree to inform the recommended client that you have an agreement with us under which you will receive a fee and the amount of that fee.
13. First Legal Solicitors cannot make any payment to you in cases where –
(a) the client is under the age of 18 years,
(b) in personal injury, if the claim is identified as a Small Claim as defined in the Civil Procedure Rules,
14. First Legal Solicitors reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time. The agreement will be automatically terminated if the retainer with the client is terminated either by the client or by us.
First Legal Solicitors Ltd. Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA No 634939
Registered in England and Wales No 10381298
© First Legal Solicitors Ltd : Personal Injury Claim Specialists